As Business Development Manager you will support the Director of Sales in all hotel aspects of the Sales and Marketing Plan in line with Interstate Hotel & Resorts and Marriott brand requirements and systems. The key focus will be to support the opening by driving all commercial activities and to establish and continue to increase market share of the hotel within the marketplace, driving awareness of the new property in both Birmingham and on a national scale.
Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Take ownership and responsibility for driving and delivering the agreed hotel strategies in line with the Commercial Plan.
- Actively seek/identify, secure and contract new business for the hotel.
- Establish, build and manage relationships with Key Account Directors/Managers to maximise revenue opportunities from key national accounts who have requirements in Birmingham.
- Research potential new accounts, conduct telesales calls, plan appointments and carry out weekly face to face sales calls in line with agreed targets.
- Work with General Managers and IHR’s Regional Sales, Marketing and Revenue teams to support appropriate marketing campaigns for the hotel.
- Work with the Regional General Manager, Marriott brand team and IHR’s marketing team to agree and implement effective Social Media strategies.
- Prepare account development plans to ensure maximum share from each account and agency.